Marinades, typically a mixture of an oil, an acid and seasonings, create tastier, juicier and tender chicken. How’s that? Oils help the meat retain its moisture while cooking, resulting in a juicier finished product. Acids, whether you’re using fruit juice or vinegar, help break down the dense protein, tenderizing the meat. Seasonings, as with any food, boost flavor.
There are two methods of marinating chicken
- Wet Marinating
- Dry Marinating
Method to do marinating for chicken
It’s very simple, all that you need is:-
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns crushed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Add the lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic, crushed black peppercorns, sea salt, and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to a freezer-safe ziplock bag, followed by the lemon pepper marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly, making sure to press the marinade around the chicken to coat.
- Place in the fridge to marinate at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.